Deal Structuring allows the buyer of a business to shape the deal to their advantage. It can result in a large transfer of value from the seller to the buyer at the closing. M&A negotiations are tense and usually involve back and forth around the price. The key to doing the right deal is buying at the right price with the right structure. With strong deal valuation and structuring skills, you can creatively frame a deal the seller will buy into without paying the highest price or the most cash at close. An expert deal structurer, one with strong experience can do this. When implemented properly, deal structuring allocates risk from the buyer to the seller, through using:
- Performance based earn-outs instead of cash at closing.
- Long term seller notes instead of cash at closing.
- Purchase price and indemnification escrows.
- Requiring working capital & cash to be part of the deal.
- Requiring rollover seller equity in newco.
Attract Capital is a highly skilled deal structurer for our clients. Our structures deliver big payoffs to our clients.